Search for one relatively recent academic article or two relatively recent business press articles that discuss consolidation of financial statements (or consolidated financial statements) or accounting for mergers and acquisitions. The total number of pages in the article(s) should be at least 6 pages. Summarize the article(s) in one page (single-spaced, size 12 Times New Roman font) explaining:
• The main topic discussed in each article
• The importance of that topic, including its reasons and consequences (as applicable)
• How that topic may be related to the materials discussed in class.
Search for 4 or 5 relatively recent academic articles that discuss topics related to consolidation of financial statements (or consolidated financial statements) or accounting for mergers and acquisitions.
• Summarize and integrate the topics discussed in these articles in 5-7 pages (single-spaced, size 12 Times New Roman font) to illustrate the recent trends in the consolidation of financial statements and its determinants and consequences.
• Discuss how these recent trends may be related to the materials discussed in class.
• You need to cite the article(s) using one of the common citation formats.
• A hard copy of the printed write-up is due in class no later than Thursday, March 5th
• You can search for articles using the CSUF library website. You can also search for academic articles using Google Scholar.