Criminal justice agencies sometimes rely on private funds. These funds come from charitable giving, foundations, businesses, private individuals, and community groups. For example, some agencies may accept funds to offset the cost of mounted patrol units that would otherwise be the victim of budget cuts.
For this article review, you are required to locate an article in the CSU Online Library about a city, county, or state agency that accepted private funding. The article you review should be at least two pages in length. Explain the circumstances surrounding this article. Also, be sure to address these questions in your response.
- Do you agree or disagree with accepting private funds for the agency and program in the article you chose? Why, or why not?
- Describe how environmental factors may play a role in criminal justice agencies needing funding.
- Were there any outside factors that played a role in the agency needing and accepting this funding?
- Can you think of any other ways that funding could have been secured other than private funds? Did the agency attempt to secure any other sources of funding prior to accepting private funds?
- Do you feel the organization donating funds has any influence on policy? Why, or why not?
Your response must be at least two pages in length and include at least one source. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations.