For this assessment, write a 3 4-page analysis in which you distinguish between communication and gendered communication. Your analysis should address the following:
- The difference between “communication” and “gendered communication.”
- How communication theories can impact the workplace and our personal and professional relationships.
- The role gender plays in the communication process.
- How gender played a role in two different communication issues in your own personal or professional experience. Be sure to describe in detail the situation and the role of gendered communication in both examples.
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
For the following questions, refer to the Resources for links to the Lieberman resource and the Parpart, Connelly, Barriteau, and Eudine resource:
- What is the difference between communication and gendered communication?
- Does a person “have” gender or “do” gender?
- What are the major theories that help us understand the difference between communication and gendered communication?