Step 1.) Label this as “Interview”
Interview a campus counselor. (Use your own opinion if needed)
Either by phone or a personal visit, interview a counselor at a local college. Find the answers to the following questions:
- What are the various types of violence that occur on the campus?
- What might be some of the early warning signs that individual might exhibit to indicate that violent behavior could occur?
- How does the college work towards prevention of campus violence?
- If violence does occur, how does the campus respond?
Step 2.) Label this as “Columbine” (At least 100 words)
Using your research and your own opinion, answer the following questions and, if appropriate, include personal experience as part of your answers:
- How has responding to school violence changed since Columbine?
- How are teachers protected from violence?
- What early warning signs are important for parents and teachers to respond to?
- Can school violence be prevented and, if so, how?
Step 3.) Label this as “Justice or injustice”
Using your textbook and outside resources as your sources, answer the following question in 400 words:
- Do minimum sentences encourage justice or injustice?
Step 4.) Label this “Police injustice and misconduct” (At least 100 words)
Answer the following questions and, if appropriate, include personal experience as part of your answers.
- What are some reasons for police injustice?
- What can be done to combat police misconduct?