Curriculum Planning Form
Once a research question has been developed and agreed upon in the mentoring process, it is time to make meaning of documentation and strategize for curriculum and teaching. The purpose of the assignment this week is to construct a tool to help the teacher see how alignment or connection of these three big areas is the key to positive child outcomes. This form can be used to guide the coaching process and should be flexible enough to be used in parts only, for short-term or for long-term goals, observation, and for learning experiences. The power of coaching is partnering with teachers where they are. This requires and assessment of their knowledge and experience and the developmentally appropriate addition of skills to their repertoire.
After reading chapter six refer to Appendix A (at the end of the chapter), create your own version of this form tailoring it for use at the program you currently work at or an early childhood program you would like to eventually work with (i.e. Head Start, state-funded childcare, infant program, home day care, etc.). Make sure you capture all the elements of sections one, two, and three. Additionally, create your own section (numbered four) that will be inspired by an outside source (i.e. program evaluation tool, instructional resource, etc.). See figure 6.1 for more ideas for your designed section.
The Curriculum Planning Form
- Must be at least two and a half to three double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Form
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.