A writing assignment is a requirement in Government courses. As per syllabus, completion of a writing assignment is essential to satisfactory outcome of this course. It is due Thursday, March 5th at 11:59pm
- This writing is worth 100 points toward your final grade.
- This writing assignment must be minimum of 600 words and a maximum of 1200 words.
- The paper must be double-spaced typed.
- This writing must be in APA format (no abstract required), provide a works cited page and utilize a minimum of 3 credible sources. (Please research APA if you are not familiar with it.)
- This assignment is used for a college-wide state required assessment.
First: Choose one of the following public policies from the list below to create a 5 paragraph paper. (i.e. Introductory paragraph and 1 paragraph per number which adequately addresses the prompt, then a conclusion paragraph).Public Policies:
- Voter Rights Act
- Help America Vote Act
- White primary
- Voter ID laws
- Early Voting
Second: Address each of the 5 prompts found below. Use a full and complete paragraph for each prompt:
- Introductory paragraph
- Set up what the paper is about
- Make sure to discuss voter turnout.
- Offer some statistical analysis on voter turnout to demonstrate this is relevant
- Describe the policy chosen above. Give background such as when and why was it created (historical context)?
- How might this policy negatively affect voter turnout currently and/or in the past?
- How might this policy positively affect voter turnout currently and/or in the past?
- Conclusion Paragraph
- Summarize what was stated in the previous paragraphs
- Which side of the argument do you ultimately fall on? Does it hurt or help voter turnout?