Then, write a 2–3-page analysis in which you complete the following:
- Summarize the case.
- Describe the central issues of the case and specifically address the company’s alleged errors.
- Describe the decisions that were made and the outcome of the case.
- Clarify your opinion regarding the reasons why this employee should or should not have been paid overtime wages; describe how the company can avoid similar charges in the future; and describe how the court applied these criteria to the facts of the case to reach its decision.
Write a 2–3-page analysis in which you summarize a case involving overtime and related pay issues, identify the central issues related to the alleged errors, and describe the outcome of the case. Offer your opinion of the reasons the employee should or should not have been paid overtime wages.
In this assessment, your challenge is to investigate pay and benefits issues as they relate to the law and conflict in the workplace. You will review the issues of pay and benefits and how they can be some of the hottest issues in human resources today.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Examine the effect of the employment process on current work environments.
- Describe the issues in the case.
- Competency 3: Apply the laws and safety issues in the workplace.
- Describe your opinion on the decision regarding overtime pay.
- Competency 5: Create strategies for recovery.
- Describe the decisions that affected the outcome of the case.
- Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the human resource profession.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the human resource profession.