Welcome to week 15 of your course. In this discussion question you have the opportunity to be creative and to relate what you have learned to your professional lives. Please explore and critically think about some of the learning objectives and concepts presented in this course. Please effectively communicate how you would lead an organization (or a group of people within the organization) by applying the knowledge you have learned ethically and responsibly. Your discussion should also include innovative thinking, and information-technology aspects (such as the Internet, social-media, computers, and so forth) that may assist you in decisionmaking. You may frame your discussion around any functional component of business, and in any context; problem-solving, management, leadership, organizational behavior, and so forth.
- Prepare 3 to 5 questions for your interview about your subject’s position, responsibilities and practices. Use two different types of interview/survey questions if possible, obtained through your investigation of research question formats, such as open-ended, rank, and Likert scale questions that would work in your interview.
- Arrange to interview a manager related to your marketing and/or sales department(s). If that is not possible then arrange your interview with your immediate supervisor, or a manager at the company where you intern. Do not interview the same subject from a previous course.
- Do you already have 100 percent career/profession clarity? If so, please elaborate how and why you chose your current profession.
- If you are still curious about other professions, what occupations or industries still interest you and why? Did the videos help provide more clarity on alternative career paths you may take?
- CHALLENGE: If you were curious about a new profession, is there someone in your network (or your network’s network) for more information? Explain.