01a1] Unit 1 Assignment 1
· Securing the Network with an Intrusion Detection System (IDS) (Assignment)
To demonstrate your understanding of core concepts and procedures presented in this unit, you are required to complete the Securing the Network with an Intrusion Detection System (IDS) lab, linked in the course room.
- Compare IDS and IPS.
- What is the significance of obtaining a baseline of network traffic?
- Compare host-based IDS and network-based IDS.
- Describe some methods to mitigate reconnaissance attacks.
- Should host-based IDS be enabled on critical servers and workstations? Explain why or why not.
- Discuss where IPS should be placed within the network.
Refer to the Securing the Network with an Intrusion Detection System (IDS) scoring guide to ensure that your work meets the grading criteria for this assignment.
Submit your assignment by midnight Sunday (CST).
- Written communication:Writing should be clear and well organized, with no technical writing errors, as expected of a business professional.
- Format:Typed, double-spaced lines.
- Font:Times New Roman, 12 points.
Course Reflections (1-page Discussion)
In this final post, reflect on:
- What you have learned throughout this course.
- What you have found most interesting in this course.
- What you have found most challenging in this course.
- How the skills you have earned in this course will enhance your professional goals.
Your initial post should be between 150–200 words in length and is due by 11:59 p.m. CST on Wednesday of this week.