Law homework help. First, identify at least three key ideologies or purposes of punishment. Select the ideologies or purposes you would like to explore a bit more and enter one in each open text box in the “Ideology/Purpose” column in the provided Module Two Assignment Template.
- Note: You may repeat ideologies or purposes more than once if you would like, but you must use a different sentencing structure with which to explore the impact.
Then, choose at least three sentencing structures to enter into each open text box in the “Sentencing Structure” column. You may enter them in any order you wish in order to explore the effects of the structure on the ideology or purpose of your choice. For example, you may wish to explore the effects of mandatory minimum sentences on retribution or rehabilitation. Select the three pairs that interest you the most.
- Note: Use the list of sentencing structures found in the Project Guidelines and Rubric.
Finally, in 100 to 150 words for each of the three effects you will explore, describe how each ideology or purpose and the sentencing structure you selected in that row affects sentencing. What is the impact of each sentencing structure when you are trying to achieve the ideology or purpose you have identified? Consider the following in your response:
- Does it help achieve the goals of that ideology or purpose? Does it hinder them?
- Does it create potential new pathways of punishment or, at the very least, new approaches to punishment?
- What happens to the system when you combine these different ideas?
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Identify key ideologies or purposes of punishment.
- Choose a sentencing structure for each ideology or purpose.
- Explore how each ideology or purpose and its corresponding sentencing structure affects sentencing.