“Persuasion” Please respond to the following:
- You hear a very powerful speech delivered by a member of a community-based activist group that advocates for the less fortunate in your town. The community activist delivering the speech is pleading with community members to join the protest of all stores in order to save the community homeless shelter from being torn down to build a new upscale hotel.
- What effective persuasive speech methods do you need to see or hear in order for you to feel convinced that this is a cause worthy of your support, and why? Choose one of the following, and provide an explanation of your choice:
- Promises of change (speaks to wants, needs, and emotions)
- Humor and enthusiasm (influence through attitude and beliefs)
- New solutions and Ideas (provides evidence, results, and ideas)