Management homework help. Research post topic and submit 220 word post on the given topic, indicate at least three academically reviewed journal articles in reference in the original post. This assignment is to be scholarly; it is not enough for you to post your article and add cursory reviews. CITED REFERENCES ARE REQUIRED. Structure your post as an essay with Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
All references must be recent within the past 5 years.
Also post a reply to given 2 posts, include at least 150 words in each post and provide at least one reference separately. In reply posts, do not say, good job, way to go, etc. Reply post can either answer another student’s question, or comment on their post based on your research. Your reply should reflect an understanding of the post to be replied and should be relevant with the post.
Discuss some of the protected characteristics covered by equal employment opportunity laws and why they are important in today’s employment setting.
Reply to following post with at least 160 words and at least 1 cited reference, do not say, good job, way to go, etc. Reply post can either answer another student’s question, or comment on their post based on your research. Your reply should reflect an understanding of the post to be replied and should be relevant with the post.
Equal employment opportunity act has been enacted in order to protect workers against discrimination of sex, age, religion, caste etc., and this act provides guidelines to the organization while recruiting people to fulfill their goals and ensures that workers interest is not harmed because of any discrimination at work place (swartz-legal.com, 2020).
In today’semployment setting this act is very important because of following reasons:
- We have discussed earlier that one of the barrier for effective team communication is religion and caste but when organizations adapt these laws it provides guidelines for workers that such discrimination can be illegal and hence will result in effective communication.
- Equal employment opportunity act is beyond an investigating body as it education materials and training to people in how to comply with federal laws.
- This law enables the organization in acquiring improved workforce by evaluating talent rather than recruiting people based on other criteria like looks, age, gender etc.,
The following are the some of the topics highlighted under equal employment opportunity act which tend to attract more discrimination.
- The pregnancy discrimination act: This law makes it illegal to discriminate any women because of pregnancy, childbirth, or any other condition related to pregnancy.
- The equal pay act: this law makes it illegal to pay different wages to men and women who are engaged with same work in same organization.
- The age discrimination act: This law makes it illegal to discriminate people who are 40 or above on the basis of their age.
- The disability act: this law makes it illegal to discriminate a qualified person with disability (doleta.gov, 2020).
Along with these acts this law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person filled a complaint against such discrimination.