Numerical analysis homework help. Application of Graph Theory
The famous Swiss mathematician Leonhard Euler (1707–1783) started working in the area of graph theory in 1736. He successfully used graph theory to solve the Seven Bridges of Konigsberg problem. Since then, others have used graph theory to solve problems in multiple fields, including the Chinese Postman Problem, DNA fragment assembly, and aircraft scheduling. In chemistry, researchers are using graph theory to study molecules, atoms, and the construction of bonds. Likewise, in biology, scientists are using graph theory to study breeding patterns and to track the spread of disease.
In this assignment, you will analyze how graph theory is being used to solve real world problems in your area of specialization.
Specifically, you will write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
- Analyze how two applications of graph theory are being used within your area of specialization.
- Explain how graph theory has advanced knowledge and practice within your specialization.
- Determine how you personally will apply graph theory in your specialization.
- Integrate at least three quality resources using in-text citations and a reference page in your assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Note:Preferred method is typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
Determine the applicability of graph theory in an area of specialization.