During week 7 of this course, we will discuss the subject “Evidence Base in Design”.
When politics and medical science intersect, there can be much debate. Sometimes anecdotes or hearsay are misused as evidence to support a point. Despite these and other challenges, however, evidence-based approaches are increasingly used to inform health policy decision-making regarding the causes of disease, intervention strategies, and issues impacting society. One example that could be utilized is the introduction of childhood vaccinations and the use of evidence-based arguments surrounding their safety.
The purpose of this discussion is to identify a recently proposed health policy and share your analysis of the evidence that support this policy. So, to prepare for this week’s discussion, please do the following:
- Review the Congress website provided in the Resources and identify one recent (within the past 5 years) proposed health policy.
- Review the health policy you identified and reflect on the background and development of this health policy.
When you post your discussion by day 3 of week 7, make sure that the following points are thoroughly covered
- A description of the health policy you selected and a brief background for the problem or issue being addressed.
- Explain whether you believe there is an evidence base to support the proposed policy and explain why. Be specific and provide examples.
Please note the following two important points:
- Make sure you check the discussion grading rubric to ensure your responses meet the required criteria and the required points in the discussion are covered. Also, please make sure to utilize the proper APA formatting.
- To post your discussion, click on the reply icon in the anonymous post above.