Describe: Works of Art
Evaluation Title: Pictures for your Story
For this assignment, you will select 10 works of fine art that you will use to tell “your story” for your final project. The assignment can be submitted using either PowerPoint or Word. Your submission must include pictures of the fine art. Provide citations in your written explanations to show how you used each source and provide a full references page in APA style.
Answer the following questions for each work of fine art. Answers need to go into enough detail to be informative and show evidence of learning.
- Title, artist, and date of creation.
- Brief description: The style (Impressionism, Contemporary, Cubism, etc.), the materials and technique used to create the artwork, and subject matter.
- Brief commentary: Why is this work of fine art beautiful, significant, or interesting? Discuss some of the visual components (color, form, line, shape, shading, balance, mood, etc.) and the historic significance of the work of art.
- What does this work of art mean to you? How will the work of art contribute to your story for the final project?
Provide a substantive response to 1 peer.
When posting a reply to other students, consider the following questions:
- Why did the person choose those artists?
- What assumptions do you make about the original poster based upon the choice of artists?
- Why do people make assumptions about others based on extremely limited information?
- In what ways do you agree or disagree with the student’s analysis of why paintings persist in culture?
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.