ETHICS in the workplace. ETHICAL BEHAVIOR MATTERS! We all want to work in a company that has a strong ethical culture. An ethical culture starts with higher management and a strong Human Resource Management Department. The following should be included in your response:
- What types of programs should HRM put in place to promote ethical behavior and practices in the workplace?
- Why is Ethical behavior at all levels of the company important? In making products, treatment of employees and customers, protecting company assets and employee information, etc.
- Describe unethical behavior in a company regarding practices such as hiring, recruitment, discrimination, harassment, promotions, bookkeeping, etc. that either you or someone you know experienced.
- If you know, how did HRM address it? How effective do you feel that was?
- If you don’t know how the issue was resolved, how should HRM handle the issue?