Imagine that you are about to purchase a new car, a new home, or another big-ticket item. You want to negotiate a good price for yourself that is also fair to the seller. Using the chapters in the textbook, develop a plan that will give you the best chance to succeed.
Create a PowerPoint presentation of your plan, with a minimum of twenty slides and corresponding speaker notes, in which you:
- Create a scenario for buying a new car, a new home, or another big-ticket item.
- Analyze the dynamics of the negotiation process that you think will give you the best opportunity to succeed.
- Determine the specific tactics you will use to effectively implement your plan.
- Determine the Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA) and the Worst Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (WATNA) for this scenario.
- Create a plan for conflict or dispute resolution for the scenario that you created for this assignment.
- Propose a plan for closing the sale that is fair to both parties involved in the negotiation.
- Use at least three quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose a plan for implementing the negotiation process in a given scenario.