Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Describe the importance of health policymakers being familiar with basic economic concepts.
- Explain the role of economics in health care.
- Examine the use of economic models to help forecast the impact(s) of policy on health care delivery.
Course Outcomes assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
HA415-1: Demonstrate an understanding of the relevance of economic concepts within the healthcare sector.
Cost and affordability are important factors in the successful delivery of healthcare to the people of this country. Economics can offer a framework to study the implications of individual decision making and help define the alternative mechanisms available to improve resource allocation. Sound policymaking is based on sound economic principles applied in a sensitive and uniform manner. Lessons can be learned from basic economics lessons about human behavior and the way individuals make decisions, respond to incentives, interact with each other, and about the efficient allocation of scarce resources.
Describe trends in the costs of care for treating at least three diseases or conditions. Examine the burden of health care costs on businesses and governments and the extent to which Americans can afford needed care. Analyze trends in the efficiency of care delivery and the competitiveness of the delivery system and the key factors in keeping costs down.
Writer describes trends in the costs of care for treating at least three diseases or conditions.
Writer examine the burden of health care costs on businesses and governments and the extent to which Americans can afford needed care.
Writer analyzes trends in the efficiency of care delivery and the competitiveness of the delivery system and the key factors in keeping costs down.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- be at least three pages in length
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
- include at least four scholarly sources
Your paper should be in APA format and follow APA Guidelines, 6th ed., including:
- properly formatted header and margins
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- use of in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- use of headings (where applicable)