Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 13 and 14 in Girod, R. J. (2014), Chapter 3 in Correctional leadership competencies for the 21st century (2014), the articles by Paul (2015) (Links to an external site.), and Teitelbaum (2006) (Links to an external site.), and the Castle Rock v. Gonzales (Links to an external site.)court case from the Oyez webpage.
Carefully review the complete instructions for the Summative Assessment Strategic Plan in Week Six of the course. In preparation for the Strategic Plan in Week Six, choose a scenario from the CRJ625 Strategic Plan Scenarios provided. (This will be the scenario you will use for the remaining assignments related to your Week Six Strategic Plan.) Create a plan for the consideration and implementation of employment and policy laws by discussing the steps that must be taken to enhance ethical leadership and build an ethical organization. Research a minimum of two scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources in addition to the required texts to support your statements.
The paper must address the following
- Explain the basic issues of employment and policy law present and how those issues have influenced the event(s) in your chosen scenario.
- Evaluate the impact of these issues and recommend organizational changes that will address them from both a strictly strategic planning and ethical standpoint. Provide a rationale for your suggestions.
- Recommend the necessary steps to address these ethical issues in order to both reinforce the positive, and mitigate or eliminate, the negative influences on organizational ideology and behavior for your chosen organization both now and in the future.
The Ethics and Values in Employment paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two sources from scholarly, peer-reviewed, or other credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.